International Association of University Presidents
Dr. Kakha Shengelia
President, International Association of University Presidents
The International Association of University Presidents (IAUP)
is an association of university chief executives from higher education institutions around the world.
Membership is limited to those individuals who serve as presidents, rectors or vice-chancellors at regionally accredited colleges or universities.
IAUP had its foundational Triennial Conference in 1965 and has continued to strive for excellence in the following:
- to increase the exchange of experiences, levels of collaboration and networking between university leaders.
- to provide a well informed forum for university leaders throughout the world.
- to contribute to a worldwide vision of higher education.
- to strengthen the international mission of institutions throughout the world.
- to make every effort for the voice of educational leaders to be heard.
- to support sustainable development in a context of global competency.
- to promote peace and international understanding through education.
IAUP is a NGO (Non Governmental Organization) holding the highest (ECOSOC) consultation rights at the United Nations and formal consultation rights with UNESCO.